06 February, 2017

Eventers rallies - from Claire Fry

Hi Everyone    Sorry this email has taken a while but venues and days have had to be changed.    Firstly I would like to say I have been investigating the possibilty of me taking you all Arena Eventing in Feb but it isn't to be. The venues that have courses set up are busy on the days I can do but the main problem has been the cost. I know we do lots of fundraising to help pay for venues, instuctors ect but the cost is huge !. I would love to hear from any of you who would be willing to pay £25 an Hour with 4/5 members in the class at the same time. I feel the money would be better spent going XC once the weather improves but Please email me your thoughts and if enough of you are willing to pay the costs I will go ahead and book somewhere later in the year.    Back to the Eventers Rallies. I have an Inset Day now in the school I work at in West Sussex on Friday 17th Feb so there is now to be 2 rallies so this should cover both West and East Sussex Half Term.    I hope lots of you have been to the flatwork rallies Jo Reffin is running and she can tell me how everyone is getting on.    The Eventer Rallies will both run in the same format concertrating on jumping using poles and jumping excerises ( Sadly I remember Sarah trying these kind of pole/jump work out on my youngster years ago Guns was put down summer 2015 aged 26 !! )  now you will see lots of acticles in the Horse magazines about how good they are both for your horse and you.    Date  - Friday 17th and Friday 24th Feb  Venue - Oakfields, Crawley Down, RH10 4NL ( I will use venues all round the SDHE area but due to circumstances this was the best option for the 2 dates in Feb )  Time  - PM  Price  - £7.50    I would love to see lots of you and if like me (West Sussex School Members) you have an Inset day on the 17th please feel free to come to both.  These rallies do cater for all members from Dinkies through to those jumping massive!   I would also like to point out YOU DO NOT ever have to event your pony to come and join in we will only pick members who show an interest for the teams and Noone will ever get forced to compete.    After these two I will book a couple of XC Schooling Rallies and then I am hoping to arrange 2 full days where the members will practice Dressage, Show Jumping and XC all on the same day like the ODE,s are.    I hope this all makes sense.    Claire     clairemfry@hotmail.co.uk  0772 988 0293

No comments: