08 January, 2019

Eventing 2019 - replies to Rebekah Walker


SDHEPC Eventing 2019



The season is not far away, though I am sure we have loads of wet weather to get through first. Our first Eventing rally is February 24th at Alderlake Farm, this will be grids and times will be in the afternoon. Send over a rally form and copy of your BACS to book. Cost £12.50.


My aim this year is to get teams entered into the Area competition at Brightening Park July 7th  across all heights. To ensure your selection for a team please can I remind you that you MUST have attended 3 Eventing working rallies this year,1 of these MUST have been XC schooling. Polly and Briosa will not be able to select any SDHEPC members who they have not seen go XC safely. Also renew your Membership on time! as I found out last year, late membership = no team representation (this is from HQ) Also I would love to see some of our Minis out at 60cm and 70cm, I will run an Intro to Eventing rally in April for this group. 


As soon as the ground dries up, I will organise rallies at Comphurst for the Seniors and South Brockwells for the Minis to start with.  Also there will be some combined Dressage and SJ rallies with the aim of getting some great tests and clear rounds! In conjunction with the C/C+/B rallies we will look at Studding and Fitness. For any of you aiming for Team Selection, please bear in mind Brightling will be a fully up to height track over some lovely parkland so your ponies will need to be properly fit!


If you are planning on Eventing this season let me know as I can then gauge interest in organising other rallies i.e. we may do one on walking courses, learning alternatives etc and send out other ODE dates
 
Rebekah Walker

No comments: